According to Ayurveda, diabetes can be traced to an imbalance of kapha energy, which is comprised of the elements earth and water. Holistic practitioners attribute the development of diabetes to a decrease in the digestive fire, or "agni," and thereby a diminished ability of the body to metabolize energy and eliminate toxins.
Causes of Diabetes
- Excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest (fried foods, creams etc.)
- Excessive intake of heavy or cold food and drinks
- Lack of Exercise
- Frequent snacking and Overeating resulting in obesity
- Eating processed food and leftovers
- Eating while multi-tasking
- Eating food that is not suitable to one’s body type
Benefits of Ayurvedic Treatment
Ayurvedic Treatment for Diabetes is the effective way to cure sugar
Some of the treatments to deal with obesity are as follows
- Include whole grains in the diet, such as wheat bread/pasta and brown rice.
- Use garlic, Onion, bitter gourd, spinach, raw banana, and black plum.
- Avoid sweet, sour, and salty foods, potatoes, sweet potatoes, colocation (taro), yams, fresh grains and pulses (legumes), whole yogurt (high in fat), and heavy, oily and spicy foods.
- Avoid sweet fruits like pineapple, grapes, mangoes, etc.
- Start doing some light exercise, such as brisk walking. Build up to a brisk walk of 30-40 minutes in the morning and again in the evening.
- Avoid sleeping in the daytime as it increases Kledaka Kapha.